As mentioned on March 20th, we are looking for a new Stack Overflow moderator to be chosen by the Stack Overflow community itself.
I walked through the first 30 comments to that post and gathered up the nominations (except the self-nominations and those who recused themselves), and voting is now open:
- To be eligible to vote, you must be a Stack Overflow user with 200 reputation.
- The list of candidates is shown in random order every time it is presented.
- Only one vote can be cast per user. (no, it can't be undone.)
- After a week, the candidate with the most votes will be elected the new Stack Overflow moderator.
For those users who don't follow the blog, we are planning to send out a user alert (similar to the badge award alerts) tomorrow to let them know the voting page is available.
Remember, we're looking for a good moderator; someone who is above all
- patient and fair
- leads by example
- shows respect for their fellow programmers in their actions and words
I suggest examining the candidates' user pages to get a sense of what kind of moderator they might make.
I cast my vote; have you cast yours?