Welcome to the Stack Overflow podcast recorded Thursday July 20 at Stack Overflow Headquearters in NYC. Your hosts today are podcast regulars Jay Hanlon, David Fullerton, and Ilana Yitzhaki, plus the quite irregular Matt Sherman (Stack Overflow Engineering Manager extraordinaire). This week’s episode is brought to you by Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers as well as Stack Overflow Channels. Everything you love about Stack Overflow, in a private space just for your team. Sign up today at stackoverflow.com/channels to learn more or get your team in line for the beta.
- For this week’s Developer Story, we are proud to have Linux Academy Founder and CEO Anthony James chatting about his circuitous route from authoring the Pinehead tutorial blog as a teenager, then jumping to creativity-sapping accounting and finance roles (we all know how much Jay loves Finance) and then to his current passion “changing lives through interactive training” with Linux Academy.
- Matt’s Rant™ is about everything and nothing; basically “Computers shouldn’t work…”
- OMTR – David has a new phone with a *gasp* analog silence button.
- We play Fake News: David Fullerton edition. Did we mention that he lives in Florida now?
- Google Glass is… back?
New Constitution Question, this week from our very own Jason Punyon (@JasonPunyon): When reading code, would you pronounce the parentheses in a function call as “bananas”? PRO = Yes, I would call them bananas; CON = No, Jason Punyon is bananas. Post your answer to twitter using the Hashtag #stackoverflowpodcast, with either PRO or CON and your explanation, short but insightful. The best explanation, whether on the winning side or the losing side, will be read on next week’s podcast and win a Stack Overflow Sticker, courtesy of us!
Last week’s winner:
1. Add your list item
2. Fix all the other items
3. Vote PRO
4. Realize that you’re a good person#stackoverflowpodcast
— Ari Porad (@ariporad) July 17, 2017
Thanks Ari for participating, and thank you all for listening. See you next week!