Although a lot has changed since Stack Overflow launched in 2008, one thing has not: Stack Overflow continues to help people find the answers they need when they need them. Our platform supports millions of the world's most active developers and technologists who visit every month to ask questions, learn, and share technical knowledge. Our leading SaaS offering, Stack Overflow for Teams, empowers people to find what they need to develop some of the world’s most crucial technologies.
A consistent history of innovation and growth
What started as a popular Q&A site has evolved over time to be one of the most valuable destinations for the world’s current and next generation of technologists. We continue to evolve and innovate to fulfill our role as a critical partner in a developers’ personal and professional journey.
With Stack Overflow for Teams, we’ve seen customers use the platform for helping onboard new employees, driving InnerSource initiatives, enabling cloud or platform migration efforts, as a self-serve help center to reduce tickets, and so much more. Since launching Stack Overflow for Teams in 2018, we have added more than 15,000 customers ranging in size from global enterprises to cutting edge startups. Developers and technologists love our Teams platform because it reduces their own disruptions and increases their focus on innovation.
A snapshot of some of the enhancements we’ve made to the platform since its launch include:
- Collections: Group related knowledge by topic or use case Introduced in May 2020, Collections allow you to group together related knowledge, helping to create an even better knowledge-sharing experience. Questions and long-form content can be arranged within a Collection so that users follow them in a specific order or not. It’s up to you.
- Articles: Long-form knowledge simplifies documentation In August 2020, Teams expanded beyond our Q&A foundation to support long-form content through the introduction of Articles. Articles allow for the creation and sharing of long-form content within Teams.
- Content Health: Programmatically flag old and inaccurate knowledge In November 2021, Business and Enterprise Teams received a boost in ensuring their knowledge is current, relevant, and accurate through the addition of the Content Health feature. Content Health is available in our Business and Enterprise plans.
- Enhanced Dashboard: Better insights into how your organization uses knowledge With the launch of the Enhanced Dashboard and end-of-year leaderboards in 2022, organizations can monitor trendlines, see which tags are popular, which questions and answers have been viewed the most, who their top contributors are, and make decisions to help close knowledge gaps.
- Minimize context switching by integrating Stack Overflow for Teams into existing workflows We updated our integrations with Microsoft Teams and Slack over 2021. The second version of the MS Teams integrations minimizes context switching, provides a personal app with tailored knowledge, and automates notifications. The latest version of our Slack integration allows users to ask questions to Stack Overflow for Teams directly from their chat window.
- Enhanced Security: Certifications for the modern workplace Since 2020, Stack Overflow has completed annual SOC 2 Type II audits and added ISO27001 certification for its Enterprise plan in 2022. We expect the Business plan to achieve SOC 2 Type II starting in summer 2023.
The road ahead: New pricing and structure
Stack Overflow continues to innovate and invest in the Stack Overflow for Teams product and it has been recognized across the industry winning in Best software-as-a-service from the Cloud Awards, Best Developer Collaboration & Workflow Tools from the DEVIES, and most recently placing in G2’s 2023 Top 100 Best Software Products and Top 50 Best Content Management Products lists.
Stack Overflow is dedicated to providing additional value to our customers—and will continue to do so as we expand the platform offerings over the next several quarters. As those enhancements increase, so do the resources needed to keep one of the world's most visited platforms functioning at the highest levels needed. As such, Stack Overflow for Teams is increasing its price across all tiers by approximately 10%. New prices take effect on or after April 1, 2023. Customers who sign up before April 1, 2023, will continue to benefit from today’s current price structure.